Arnold for Softimage (or SItoA) provides a bridge to the Arnold renderer from within the standard Softimage interface.
- Seamless integration with Softimage shapes, lights (selective lights) passes and render region.
- Full ICE support (particles, strand and geometry) with advanced instancing functionality.
- Native Softimage render tree and shader support.
- Stand-ins with realtime view representation.
- Productivity boost: passes, overrides, UDIM style textures.
- Full Alembic integration via Exocortex Crate.
- Texturable geometric lights.
- Deep EXR.
Curious about Arnold? This trial will take you through step by step so you can get Arnold up and running in Softimage. Click here to start your free trial now.
The Arnold for Softimage plug-in is provided free of charge to customers that buy the Arnold core renderer. Click here for more information on pricing.
Whether you are new to Arnold or not, the Arnold for Softimage documentation should answer most of your questions. It is split into three sections: User Guide, Tutorials and Videos, and is available as html or pdf.
Arnold for Softimage is available for Windows and Linux with builds for various versions of Softimage. Go to the downloads page.
You should be able to find the answer to most questions on support.solidangle.com in the documentation or support blog. Customers with a current maintenance and support contract can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements & Platforms
- Compatible with 64-bit Softimage 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Windows 7 and later
- Linux RHEL6 equivalent (glibc 2.12) and later
- CPU with at least SSE 4.1 instructions (2006 and later Intel CPUs, and 2011 and later AMD CPUs)