Arnold for Maya (or MtoA) provides a bridge to the Arnold renderer from within the standard Maya interface.
- Seamless integration with Maya shapes, cameras, lights and shaders.
- Image Based Lighting support, including a state of the art physical sky.
- Interactive rendering (IPR) allows parameter changes to be rapidly previewed without interrupting your work.
- Support for volume rendering with Maya Fluids.
- Support for Maya Hair and nHair.
- Particles and nParticles support, including particle instancer.
- Defer the creation of geometry at render time with the Stand-in placeholder nodes.
- Productivity boost: override sets, holdout mattes, shadow catcher, passes, UDIM style textures, and arbitrary primvar data.
- Extensible through plug-ins (Golaem, FumeFX for Maya, Yeti, Shave & Haircut).
- XGen integration.
- Texturable geometric lights.
- Deep EXR.
- Rendering of curves.
Curious about Arnold? This trial will take you through step by step so you can get Arnold up and running in Maya. Click here to start your free trial now.
The Arnold for Maya plug-in is provided free-of-charge to customers that buy the Arnold core renderer. Click here for more information on pricing.
Whether you are new to Arnold or not, the Arnold for Maya documentation should answer most of your questions. The documentation consists of a User Guide and a Tutorials section, and is available as html or pdf.
Arnold for Maya is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X and for various versions of Maya. Go to the downloads page.
You should be able to find the answer to most questions on support.solidangle.com in the documentation or support blog. Customers with a current maintenance and support contract can also email email@example.com.
Requirements & Platforms
- Compatible with Maya 2015, 2016, 2016 Ext2, and 2017
- Windows 7 and later
- Linux RHEL6 equivalent (glibc 2.12) and later
- Mac OS X 10.8 and later
- CPU with at least SSE 4.2 instructions (2006 and later Intel CPUs, and 2011 and later AMD CPUs)