Launching at SIGGRAPH 2016, Arnold for 3ds Max (or MAXtoA) provides a bridge to the Arnold renderer from within the standard 3ds Max interface.
Current version of MAXtoA is a Preview Release.
- Integration with 3ds Max shapes, cameras, lights and shaders.
- Image Based Lighting support, including a state of the art physical sky.
- 3ds Max ActiveShade interactive rendering allows parameter changes to be rapidly previewed without interrupting your work.
- Support for AOVs & Deep EXR files.
- Defer the creation of geometry at render time with the Procedural placeholder nodes.
- Texturable Mesh lights.
- 3rd Party Arnold shader support.
- MAXtoA Cloud Rendering for stills and animations. Users can join the optional Autodesk ‘Render Pilot’ program, which now supports MAXtoA.
The Arnold for 3ds Max plug-in is provided free-of-charge to customers that buy the Arnold core renderer. Click here for more information on pricing.
Whether you are new to Arnold or not, the Arnold for 3ds Max documentation should answer most of your questions.
Arnold for 3d Max is available from the downloads page.
You should be able to find the answer to most questions on support.solidangle.com in the documentation or support blog. Customers with a current maintenance and support contract can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements & Platforms
- Compatible with Max 2017
- Windows 7 and later
- CPU with at least SSE 4.2